We’ve had the pleasure of a visit from Glenn, son of Sundance for a few days, complete with his new DJI Mavic quadcopter. Good flying conditions in the UK are a rare occasion, particularly in the winter months, but here in Portugal we are much more fortunate.
The week provided some excellent opportunities; the Vilamoura Regatta and the Loule Carnaval the most notable. However, such public events are subject to restrictions on flying drones and indeed there are plans to bring in more regulations to control this emerging industry.
Drone Rules and restrictions in PORTUGAL
- Flight above 120 meters height
- Within controlled airspace
- Night flight (Sunset +25min till Sunrise -25min)
- Beyond visual line of sight (BVLOS) flight
- Drone weight +25Kg
- Over crowds (+12 persons).
No footage of the regatta or Carnival, but you can see some aerial footage of our garden…